Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001la
Microsoft Windows 11

In English.

I am experiencing a problem with my laptop, and I am concerned because it is showing temperature spikes specifically in the processor. This issue occurs when the laptop is connected to the charger.

The model of my laptop is the HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001la. It started to exhibit temperature problems two or three weeks ago. Previously, the processor temperatures were stable, but now it quickly rises to 55 °C from 45 °C and then falls again, only to reach the peak temperature repeatedly. I want to emphasize that this temperature issue was not present before.

I have performed the necessary maintenance and even replaced the thermal paste, but unfortunately, the temperature problem persists. I have conducted various tests on the laptop, including reinstalling the operating system, downloading all NVIDIA and AMD updates, installing all Windows updates, and also downloading available updates from HP Support Assistant. It is worth noting that this problem occurs on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Additionally, I adjusted the Power plan settings, specifically the power management for the processor, reducing it to 99% in both the maximum and minimum states. This significantly helped to stabilize and normalize the processor temperature. However, I have observed that this adjustment results in the processor being utilized twice as much as normal. From my research, it is not recommended to lower the processor to 99% as it may lead to various issues when performing different tasks on the laptop.

I have had the opportunity to speak with someone who is also experiencing the same problem, but we have not yet found a solution. It is possible that there could be an incompatibility between the operating system and the AMD RYZEN processors, but this has not been confirmed. If anyone else is facing this problem, please let me know so that we can work together to find a solution or report the issue.

In Spanish.

Estoy teniendo un problema con mi laptop, y estoy preocupado porque esta presentando picos en la temperatura y únicamente esta sucediendo en el procesador, este sucede específicamente cuando la laptop esta conectada al cargador.

El modelo de mi laptop es la HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001la, esta comenzó a presentar los problemas de temperatura hace dos o tres semanas atrás, anteriormente las temperaturas del procesador eran estables, pero ahora esta en 45°C y en un segundo sube hasta 55°C, empieza a bajar otra vez y vuelve a tener el pico nuevamente, quiero especificar que este problema con la temperatura anteriormente no estaba sucediendo. 

Realice el respectivo mantenimiento y también realice el cambio de pasta térmica, pero lamentablemente a día de hoy se sigue presentado el problema de la temperatura, he realizado diferentes pruebas en la laptop, como reinstalar el sistema operativo, descargar todas las actualizaciones de NVIDA y AMD, descargar todas las actualizaciones de Windows y también descargando las actualizaciones disponibles en HP Support Assistant, (cabe decir que este problema esta tanto en Windows 10 como en Windows 11).

También realice una configuración en el plan de Energía, específicamente en la administración de energía del procesador, bajándolo al 99% tanto en el estado máximo como en el estado mínimo, esto ayudada un mucho a normalizar y estabilizar la temperatura del procesador, pero he notado que al hacer esto, el procesador se utiliza el doble de lo normal y por lo que he podido leer no es recomendable bajar el procesador al 99% porque puede presentar diferentes problemas al momento de realizar diferentes tareas en la Laptop.

He tenido la oportunidad de hablar con una persona que esta presentado el mismo problema que yo, peor hasta el momento no he podido encontrar una solución, podría ser quizás ser alguna incompatibilidad entre el sistema operativo y los procesadores AMD RYZEN, pero no es seguro. Si de casualidad alguien más esta presentando este problema, hágamelo saber para poder encontrar una solución o realizar un informe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.