Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15t-dc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, greetings. Ive posted several posts to ask ppl from some forums so ill jut go ahead & copypaste it here then arrange it more properly:

bought it ± last week, last gen Omen 15t-dc i5-9 2060m (single vga) 16gb ram (2-channels)

Under stress tests & bencmark tests from PerformanceTest, Userbenchmark, 3DmarkPacks & XTU, my Cpu & Gpu run, in short, just great & got ±95/7th percentile (always plugged in)

MAIN problem is:

All of the heavy games are played just UNDER HALF, mostly lower, of my VRAM yet despite the all in-games' presets & fps limit (60, 45, 35, 30) it always stutter, sometimes dip so bad* the graphs were chaotic just like an earthquake; it reaches so high 144 then slams to below 30. My apologies but what joke is this?

Cpu reaches 91-95c in a vry short time when playing games like AC:O, AC:Ods & Watchdogs 2 (i only have 4 games: nba2k19 & wd2 are most consistent) and using full battery slider

ACO can be maintained a pitiful stable 45fps w a tweaked near max graphic BUT AC:Ods *there it is↑ its ridiculous for me

Both my gpu-cpu has been enhanced w  kryonaut paste w the evenly-spreaded method

I also use cooling pad which is a match w the Omen intake ventilation but it only helps abt ±2-3c

Next thing, the OmenCommandCenter:

this is useless for me bcs my unit can only safely use the comfort mode bcs both of the rests are a guaranteed 95+ for the Cpu

What ive done that i think it would help:

Undervolting CPU to -.130v + max procie state to 99% (turning off turbo unless max battery slider) + PCI exp link state power manag. to off (so i could hopefully gain some perf w/o maxing the battery slider) + nvidiaprofinspec setting to prefermaxperf for Gpu in heavy games & pre-rendered frames >4

In addition, my country's ambient temp is 32-34c & all of my heavy games are on m.2 ssd

Are my problems  normal, Or is this far below the standard for my unit spec ?

I lowkey suspect that my unit is somehow DEFECTIVE yet from what ive got after visiting my native HP local service center, the technicians gave up bcs they are just a seminar-certified repairman for most common consumers' problems & dont know a thing abt gaming mechanism & performance

Hence if so, id like to be informed on how to exchange for new unit with no defect

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Knoslim

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.