Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Victus 16-0418nf
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone.

I bought an HP Victus Laptop very recently.

The model is Victus 16-0418nf, and one important thing is that it comes with 8GB of RAM.

I realized, while using it for the first time, that RAM was highly used even though I wasn't doing anything that should result in High RAM Usage.

For the record, I only installed Steam, Epic Games, Chrome and nothing else. I checked Task Manager and RAM was 80% used. When I open a game like Fall Guys, RAM is 99% used. 

In case you were wondering : yes I did check, in Task Manager, what used my RAM. I know chrome is really hungry about it, and I closed it completely. Same for Steam and Epic Games running in the background and eating a bit of it. But, that didn't change much. RAM usage went from 80% to 75%.

I tried sorting processes in Task Manager by their RAM usage and.. the highest RAM eater was a random thing that used 50mb of RAM. Yet, 6GB of RAM were currently being used, by what ? I guess just the system.

Which brings me to my question : is that normal behaviour ? 

I was considering buying 2x8GB of RAM to replace the 2x4, which would probably solve my issue, but I realized, why should I replace components from a GAMING computer that I litterally just bought and should be ready to play most games ?

Should I send it to warranty ? Ask for a replacement ? Or is this normal ? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@imutig 

Please use Task Manager and sort by high usage to see which one is the culprit. We can work from there.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi.

As I said, pretty much no RAM is used while I haven't go anything opened on my PC, on Task Manager.

Yet, 75% is used.

Here :

imutig_0-1664438580451.png

As you can see, the thing that uses the most RAM is McAfee with 43Mo. That is nothing. Yet, As I said, in this instance, I had 75% of my RAM being used.

HP Recommended

@imutig 

I don't know why your Reply did not turn up on my Notification notices. I can't read (even blow up) your image. Please post image which is similar to the following one, shorted by the biggest one on the top.

ram used.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi. Here it is.capture.png

HP Recommended

@imutig 

I don't know what is the ui32 (32 bits) and why you run 5 of them. Looks like McAfee is the real killer, it is an anti virus product, you probably need it.

For a games machine, 8GB is a bit short. My games machine has 32GB (pre-installed) even I do not play games at all. It is

HP Omen 15-dc0071tx

I use it for videos and photos editing once or twice a month.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.