Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The AMD driver update did absolutely nothing to help the issue. Ive just shut down in the middle of my game AGAIN. This is getting beyond a joke now. Going to end up getting a refund on this laptop pretty soon.

HP Recommended

Hi, am facing the same issue. Logged multiple cases, no solution. Restore done, Whole unit reset, HP engineer replaced FAN, RAM upgraded. Nothing... Still the same .

Shutdown after 5-10 mints of gameplay.

My Rig:

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx

Product number: 167W1PA#ACJ

Serial number: **bleep**

HP Recommended

Hi, the temporary fix for the time is to download Ryzen Controller and set the TEMPERATURE LIMITER at 70°C

Work for me so far while waiting for the actual fix from HP.

HP Recommended

I have same problem.

if you have warranty you can contact hp in each contry.

In Thailand i contact hp. and hp change new mainborad(F.05) because it can't downgrade to f.05.

HP Recommended

@Doomedeedoo

I tried Ryzen Controller mark the limit to 70, still same. Shutdown after 5 minutes of game play.

HP Recommended

Try to limit CPU to 80% of its capacity in advance power settings in your power plan.

Might work

HP Recommended

@utkarshshri 

Change my advance setting value, already done. That step i had perform in the initial stage. No result.

HP Recommended

@ArunabhG

Have you checked thermals just before it crashed? 

HP Recommended

HP, what is the problem with making BIOS downgrade possible? Everyone would just put the version of F. 05 and not complain, what nonsense. Please fix it, thousands of people are viewing this post, how long can we wait?

HP Recommended

Hello

So, the HP Service Center here in my country only said don't update to the new version of BIOS because it is not compatible. They said we need to wait for the newest update or maybe the error fixes for it.

I just received my laptop from the service center and it works normal now because they replaced my motherboard to a new one.

And downgraded my BIOS to F.05.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.