Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

is there any update related this BIOS f.08 issues? I also facing this annoying issue

HP Recommended

Product Description: HP Pav Gaming Laptop 15-ec0104AX

Product Number: 194V6PA

After a very lengthy conversation with HP India, they have assured me that AMI (BIOS Vendor in my variant) is working on a BIOS update and it'll be live soon but I find their words empty. It's really disappointing to purchase a laptop and have issues in it after 2 days of usage. This is my 3rd HP laptop and to be honest last one wasn't much of a success but I chose HP again because of the new series and **bleep**, they have outdone themselves. The official response by HP is wait for the update. Why did I buy a gaming laptop if it can't handle the games despite having the hardware.

HP is offering me a replacement or a DOA (Damaged on Arrival or something) certificate where I can get the same product or a different one but the issue remains the same
"When will the update come?"

HP you need to take this seriously. After so many years you have released a series which is actually good and not overpriced. Why did you mess it up with only 1 update of 20-30 MB.

TEST YOUR FREAKING UPDATES. WE DESERVE AT LEAST THAT. IF WE WANT RANDOM SOFTWARE'S IN OUR PC WE WILL DO IT ON OUR OWN. YOU GUYS DON'T NEED TO DO THAT. READ THIS COMPLETE THREAD PLEASE. NOW I'M BEGINNING TO THINK WHY DID I NIT GO FOR THE MSI GF63 ONE. 

HP Recommended

@EternalEntity  I hear ya. HP policy is that they don't divulge any info to us Experts either as we are not employees. 

In the mean time, I am curious how you all got the bios update. Was it through the HP Support Assistant and its setting for automatically install updates, or was it forced through Windows updates?

BTW: I always tell people to set the HSA to not auto install updates. But MS has be forcing some bios updates also and I have complained tons about this.

HP Recommended

Yes @Photoray002 I got the update through HP Support Assistant. I'm that guy who likes to keep his machine updated no matter what. So when I got the new laptop I booted it and updated it from HP Support Assistant because it fetches accurate drivers and softwares updates. If only I knew that one software would ruin it all. I got this laptop on August 12 and now it's like this Ryzen Controller didn't help at all.

And yeah I always turn of the automatic updates toggle no matter which software or OS.

HP Recommended

As others have said, it was issued through HP Assistant. It was supposed to provide better support for Windows 10 2004 update - I've been having freezing issues prior to it so I figured it couldn't hurt.

On the bright side, at least it's no longer freezing up .-.

If AMI releases an update, what will happen Insyde? 

HP Recommended

@CountingStars  

"If AMI releases an update, what will happen Insyde?"

We're hoping it stops the random shut downs when its released. All we can do is wait and see.

Good to know about the freezing issue with 2004. 😬

HP Recommended

Sorry, I meant what will happen to INSYDE Bios (forgot "to")

I'm on Insyde F.31

HP Recommended

I have same problem,was scared at first because it was so sudden anyway how much time will it take for the patch or do i need to apply for replacement.

I was playing far cry 4 that games isn't even that heavy, by the way my product id is  167W1PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

My advice would be to apply for replacement because seriously nobody knows when the fix will be live and never take a HP Product again.

THEY INTRODUCED A GAMING LAPTOP SERIES WITHOUT ANY GAMING CENTRE TO HELP MONITOR FAN SPEEDS AND TEMPERATURE AND ALSO CONTROL THEM AT THE SAME TIME, LIKE OTHER APPS AVAILABLE IN OTHER LAPTOPS LIKE ACER-NITROSENSE AND ETC ETC..........

HP Recommended

Everyone who has commented on this post guys please don't let this thread die. HP needs to do something about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.