Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The step 3 you wrote is my problem from day one exact same.

Step 4 has been established here for a long time now and you'll find the previous BIOS version setup in the beginning of this thread. But the issue is that you can't downgrade the BIOS through any means.

I've been calling HP daily just to make them see this. I have even asked the floor manager to ask his employees to read this thread and make them understand what is happening.

It's like they don't care at all.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I guess we have to wait for the new bios update that does not suck.

HP Recommended

READ THIS!!!

ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, IT REALLY SUCKS. BUT IF U DONT LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO GIVE YOU TEMPORARY FIX IT MORE SUCKS. 

JUST DOWNLOAD RAZER CONTROLLER AND LIMIT UR TEMPERATURE TO 70. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT LOCKING AGAIN IN 5 DAYS WHEN I PLAY GAMES FOR ABOUT 12HOURS/DAY AFTER TRY THIS METHOD

HP Recommended

RYZEN CONTROLLER I MEAN

HP Recommended

It doesn't work 100%, my laptop locked yesterday after 1 hour of playing Dying Light with Risen Controller on 70C.

HP Recommended

it because ur bios stopped the service, go to settings and setting re-apply perriodically every 5minutes or 300seconds

HP Recommended

@AlfianAP Thanks, I'll try some

HP Recommended

Update on using the ryzen controller software that was suggested. So yesterday I downloaded it and set the temp limit to 80c. Now I dont even know what this does because my temps still reached 84c at one point. BUT it does give you a longer gaming time. it WILL still shutdown. But before ryzen controller was every 30 minutes. Last night I gamed for 6 hours and shut down twice.

So until then im going to continue to use it because at least it helps with the situaton but it doesnt fully fix the issue.

HP Recommended

read my post above, try and give me report after u using it

HP Recommended

This is an update to my post on page 10.

i been playing gta 5 as suggested for 4 days and didn't get the locking message even once,the game was lagging for sometime but thats because i change graphic setting to max but when i restore to default those setting it was working fine.

So once again install update from hp support assistant and check for windows update and one more thing i also had installed some windows update last time so may be that affected the problem.

I have not installed the ryzen controller,although i notice something i don't know if it's a problem but whenever my laptop is not fully charge and i plug in the charger the charging indicator light shows orange color, i ran troubleshooting and also did the components and system test in bios but nothing, plz check this for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.