Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My Cpu reaches 95 degrees while playing CSGO With only 80fps. At this point I am just too much frustrated.

HP Recommended

I am using an hp pavillion 15 ec0xxx.

with 8 gb ram

128gb ssd, 1tb hdd

ryzen 5 3550h

nvidia geforce gtx 1650

After bios f.08 update it got same problem. Before that ,in previous bios version , i was getting 38-55 fps on high settings in 'watch dogs 2' game, which is quite demanding. 38-55 fps is nicely playable. But now on lowest settings I am only getting 24-25 fps with too much stuttering and the hibernating problem. And this is such a weird situation that i can render a 32 minutes video via davinci resolve without any hibernation. I ran a heaven benchmark test which is also too much intensive, but it ran perfectly fine without any hibernation. Then I set the max CPU state to 99% and see what, it didn't  hibernate, instead I got '12 fps' with too much stuttering, which are not-at-all playable of any sort. i also did a factory reset which did not do anything but deleted my data. the laptop with same specs but different company is giving superb performance of 40-55 fps without any stuttering. Do HP hate us gamers? i have tried all fixes given by hp support. 

So now, I want HP to fix this issue in this month only.

And should unlock the bios so that I can decrease the ram used by igpu which is good for nothing and increase amount of usable ram. Or they should provide a refund to us so that we can buy another laptop from different company and get rid of headache.

I only bought HP laptop because I searched and found out that HP has best support system and now I found out that how good it really is.

I think we should start a trend on twitter about it and should also start making memes on this problem. I think that will really hurt their ego.

and the asus laptop with same specs was cheaper than my hp . My friend bought that. His laptop performs better than mine and also have unlocked bios so that he can increase amount of usable ram and free up 1.8gb ram.

HP Recommended

I've got good news for you. HP has removed the F.08 update from their software updates page, check it out for yourself. This means they've acknowledged that it's an issue. We should see a fix very soon. 

HP Recommended

Oh for God sake tell me they rolled out an update too.

HP Recommended

Yeah i checked it, is that mean  you can rollback to the previous bios?

HP Recommended

hi revolverIA'

I am using HP ec0066ax and it still shows that bios version, that demn bios version. F.08.

HP Recommended

No. You cannot roll back but a new update should be on its way now. They can't just remove the update and pretend nothing happened. This is just a way to prevent further cases, as it would create trouble for HP. 

This might not be applicable for all models. Mine in particular had the F.08 update removed from the software updates page. Even if it isn't removed from your page, you're more than likely to receive the update that fixes the issue. 

Cheers 

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0044ur. I have the same problem, and on the HP driver download page the same drivers are available (F.08 Rev.A)

HP Recommended

Hi @RevolverIA what is your system config and model numner?

Mine is 15 ec-0104ax and my model number's software and driver page keeps on loading and doesn't open(with proper internet connection obvio)

HP Recommended

For model 15-ec0101ax they are providing F.O2 Rev.A on HP software and Drivers page which was release on Sep 27, 2019. I have downloaded it but still not sure whether to install it or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.