Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I read the whole thread from the beginning bro , just wanted to confirm it. thank you

HP Recommended

As the defected bios update is taken down, the hp support is now, not taking responsibility as today I was talking to them on whatsapp support they just said that they don't know about new update. You can see this screenshot. They were also saying to factory reset my pc while others in this forum who went to service center had to change the motherboard because it cant be downgraded anyway otherwise they would have done it.

they must take the responsibility.

HP must apologize as they told me that I need to factory reset it and they also wanted me to have unlimited internet pack.

I use mobile internet pack so how is that possible.

It's been more than one month we are having this issue.

HP need to apologize.

#HPsaysorry

Screenshot_20200821-000426.jpg

HP Recommended

Defiled downloads being the greatest fault.  To return to the first BIOS rendition, you simply need to reset the BIOS back to plant default.  That will constrain the BIOS to stack from the firmware chip and not the flashed variant that was updated.  It may be important to expel the CMOS battery or  moving a jumper on the MOBO to achieve.  At this point downloading the past adaptation would chance another debasement.

HP Recommended

hi jamie333,

Can you explain this in simple language? My english is not much good.

HP Recommended

Yes, I see only F.05 bios for my hp gaming(1650, 3550h, 8gb, 265 ssd). I tested lots of options of ryzen controller, and can say that everything higher 70* causes shutting down (at least for mine)

HP Recommended

@jamie333 @nizcse

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE the method with usb flash drive also doesn't allow us to update. One of your support agent said me that they are working to provide new bios update.

HP Recommended

@echo_lake,

Hahaha..you are coming very early to this picture. I think you might be sleeping.

Please check the posts in community and you will find hell lot of posts and out of those post will be this steps. And please don't reply without checking.

We are in a phase where we took a hugh lead and u r still in the starting position.

Sorry for my words, but we (users) are frustrated and still no resolution.

HP Recommended

lmfao didnt we say like 20 times that method doesnt work.  I thought HP KNEW ABPUT THE PROBLEM LOL

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.