Rameez07
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ram configurations for HP Gaming Pavilion 15

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 Gaming DK0068WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I want to upgrade the Ram of my Pavilion 15. currently it has a single 8Gb stick. Should I buy a 2x8Gb kit or just get another 8Gb stick and use that? Also can I use an 16Gb stick with the 8Gb stick? thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,291
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Rameez07 

Yes you can install another stick of ram. But its recommended to install another of the same specs as the current including the timings and voltage to help insure dual channel support and run at the intended speed of 2666.

But in some cases, the ram speed still clocks down at 2400MHz when mixed sticks are installed and it cannot be adjusted in the bios. Just so you know.

It can hold a max of 32GB (2x16).

Here is your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06377664

Page 34 gives the HP ram model numbers actually used, if you choose to find them.

You can use a tool like CPUz to find the current timings of your ram.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation