Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The last win update caused my CPU use to go way up. I am not a gamer though, and the Radeon App is the culprit.

If I end the task in manager I am fine. Can I delete the app or will it cause graphics probs on my HP 17 CA00 laptop?

I appreciate your advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I deleted Radeon graphics app.  All is well for now. At least I know I do not need it to run my AMD chips. Win 10 wants to do another update in 72 hours. I may be back...... Thanks again Captain Ray !

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@radeon123 

Please tell us

1. what the product number of your computer is and
  2. which Radeon App you are talking about.

The PN is located in the HP Support assistant, or press Ctrl/Alt/S together for the info window.

HP Recommended

a host app.PNGa hp.PNG

Thank-you Sir !  

HP Recommended

a product.PNG

HP Recommended

Thanks, It helps but then again, it doesn't.

If you right click on that process and go to properties, Details, it should give you the actual application name somewhere in there.

Do you have AMD Adrenalin 2020 installed? If so, what version? I'm guessing its related to that as others have had similar issues on the AMD forums. Post a screen shot if necessary.

HP Recommended

a rad.PNG

Yes ! But I have no idea what windows did. The last update HP fixed this for me in an update. This time I tried and HP did not change anything for this problem. I never knew about Radeon until now and I wish I could lose it!  I will post the app name tomorrow. Have a good night and Thank-you!

HP Recommended

a detail.PNG

Yep Radeon Host app.   As soon as I disable it I am fine for the day.😎

HP Recommended

How did you update the Radeon software? Did it do it on its own via MS updates, or did you go to the HP Support Assistant to do it? I'm not recognizing that version in the HP drivers page.

There are several different solutions offered on the web for this issue.

Perhaps you can try them and see if it helps.

1. Create a folder your Videos folder name Radeon ReLive. Then stop the Radeon software process, then start the Radeon application again.
  2. If no joy, Uninstall the Radeon Software and download/install the latest version in the HP Support Drivers page...  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104302.exe
  3. Try navigating to C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext  and look for a file called AMDRSServ and delete it.

Let me know if any of those helped.

HP Recommended

Yes my buddy Bill Gates did all of this.!  This happened about 3 months back and the HP support assistant fixed it then. The latest MS update started the issue all over again. I tried support assistant again and no joy.

Thanks! I will let you know if any of those work.

HP Recommended

Ya thats what I thought. 😞

If the above does not help...

Go through the installed updates and see if you can find the latest amd settings or adrenaline update there before uninstalling it. You might be able to prevent it from installing again with MS's Windows Show Hide tool. Here's a nice article explaining how to use that. You might want to have that tool anyways.

https://www.repairwin.com/prevent-a-specific-windows-update-or-driver-from-installing-in-windows-10/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.