Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem but my omen is the hp omen 15 dc-1002ns, with a rtx2060 and a 144hz display, out of the box appeared the option but after a bios update disappeared the g sync tab. Now im not sure if the laptop supports g sync, maybe the first time was a bug.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@paux
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Check if your G-Sync is properly configured:
In order to use G-Sync on Windows 10, you need to configure it properly.
follow these simple steps:
Restart your computer with the only G-Sync monitor turned on. If you have multiple monitors, turn on other monitors later.
Turn on and off your G-Sync monitor and check if it’s in G-Sync mode.
Turn on and off G-Sync option in Setup G-Sync tab in Nvidia Control Panel. Be sure to turn on and off G-Sync in Manage 3D Settings section as well.
Make sure that you don’t have fixed refresh, V-Sync, frame rate limit and similar options turned on in the game. If you do, be sure to disable them.

Also, check Is your monitor operating at some lower refresh rate like 60Hz? G-Sync only works for frame rates below your refresh rate, so if they exceed the refresh rate, it will switch to either v-sync or no sync depending on your settings. So make sure the screen is in a high refresh rate mode, 

This step is very important  updating the display and graphics drivers will fix G sync related issue,
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the solution, but sadly didn't work. I want to specify that the screen is thebuilt in the laptop, so i can't turn it off or disconnect it. I tried the newest driver fron Nvidia and the one that hp is giving me( Hp driver is older). g sync.pnggrgregegeg.pngoefjoepwf.png

HP Recommended

@paux

Try installing the Old audio drivers and check. 

Note: Before you begin, please uninstall all audio driver and install old audio driver.

Keep me posted for further assistance

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to roll back to factory drivers, 2 of the 3 were updated so i rolled back those, the virtual audio device has the same driver. What I also notice is that on windows settings I saw 143 hz but on the config is 144 hz, I dont know if that is important. I found out that the model of my display is lgd05c0.oihioyhkgug.pngopfjvpojvpfdjv.pngrgtrgretgtrg.pngireforief.png

HP Recommended

@paux
Thank you for the pictures, As along audio is functioning, the 143 Hz or 144 Hz doesn't matter. 

What is the status after drivers rollback?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think the situation is the same, I also restart the computer between the changes. If I have to guess is the bios, because after the update g sync went missing, but because i was updating everything I cant be sure that the bios update is the faulty. For now the g sync options doesnt appear. the driver for the graphics card is the original too.odjvodvjf.pngodjfodjjik.pngAnnotation 2019-03-24 202923.pngifjoerjgore.png

HP Recommended

@paux
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, i have the same problem omen  15 2060  6EZ60EA#AB9  (256gb 16gbram) 144hz advertising with g - sync 

model 15 dc-1010np

https://www8.hp.com/pt/pt/mpc/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=27103277#!tab=specs

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06231422.pdf

Anotação 2019-04-18 201354.png

what do i need to do ?

also i only can get 2h,20 min of battery life , its brand new

cpu and gpu are hiting 40 dgues doing nothing 

also ..

i dont know what happened . windows update and when  says to restart  he restart and automaticlky the computer stars to update bios and it was a newer version but note the full newer version so  i call hp for problems of hiting (they say its normal but i dont think so )  laptop is fully updated but missing g sync and the computer is killing my battert rapadly

HP Recommended

@Rika29

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.