Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Photoray002,

Following this discussion, and considering that a general USB-C dock will try to drive energy through the available USB -C 3.1 port anyway.... Would that damage the computer in any way?

I mean, there would be two different supplies on the computer....

I am as well looking for a docking station for my OMEN 15-ce005ns, but I am only interested on the power button (I have tried it all to power on the computer without opening the lid.... but no chance) and on the DP connections to the 2 screens I have.

A quick and experienced advise would be utterly appreciated.

BEst

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

"not able to provide a suitable answer to the hundreds of OMEN users looking for a way to connect to a docking station" is completely different from what you were specifically asking.  Im glad you found your solution. 🙄

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can still use the dock, yes.

As far as powering on the laptop with the lid closed, have you tried changing what closing the lid does in the Power Settings?

If you change closing the lid to do nothing and the Power Button to turn the computer off, it should work as you want.  You will want your external keyboard and mouse already installed and working before you try it.

If using the dock for the power button, Im not sure if it would work or not.

HP Recommended

Hi sir,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Actually, I have tried it ALL....

Wake-On-LAN, Wake-On-USB....

Nothing works with the lid closed.

I have even considered to jumper the electronic circuitry to make the laptop think that the lid is opened....

Which is pretty much a desperate option I must say.... Reason why I was trying to investigate the "Docking Station" possibility first.

BEst

Sam

HP Recommended

Looks like you found a solution in your other thread. Thanks for implying that none of us have common sense because you found an oddball solution. Was it necessary to be hateful?

HP Recommended

Mate, i believe that you are misunderstanding me....

I have never said or suggest that you have no common sense.

You have helped me in the past to realize that was not plug and play solution for me and to make up my mind on going to a DIY solution. 

I did said though that the HP support (which is not you, I believe) was not able to provide a suitable answer to the hundreds of OMEN users looking for a way to connect to a docking station.

Instead, there are several persons buying up to 6 different devices to check which one is compatible.... I don't think that's common sense, do you??

I believe that you do not like that other people comes to the forum to invade your hunting area, but believe me.... it was not my intention to pee in your bushes to mark territory.

I did find my solution, and i will share it with other people with my same needs, if i am not invited to do it in this forum, i will look for other one....

I really don't need to hate nor to be hated.... I am too old for that crap!!

Wish you a nice and lovely day. 

HP Recommended

"not able to provide a suitable answer to the hundreds of OMEN users looking for a way to connect to a docking station" is completely different from what you were specifically asking.  Im glad you found your solution. 🙄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.