Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was preforming a system recovery  and  after several minute when the device was booting this message appeared DSC_0036.JPG

And whenever i click ok the computer restart and the message reappear._20181021_211324.JPG

The first two steps was done and it was stuck at the third step so I left the laptop and when i came back i had the previous error message. 

I tried to open the recovery manager by pressing F11 and i got this message. _20181021_203151.JPG

What should i do to reistall windows 10 Home and all pre-installed software that came with the laptop ?

Specs :

*CPU : i7-8750H

*RAM : 8gb

*Storage : 1TB hdd 

*GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050TI 4GB

NOTE : I was experiencing a long start up time (3-4 min). The omen logo appear then the screen become  black for 2 min  and after that the windows lock screen appears and it take 1 min to fully load all programs.

Additional information : the disk was devided into 2 partition one was named Recovery and the other C: for windows 10 and other programs. And i did preforme a successful system recovery before this one . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If i use the Microsoft Media Creation tool did i still can get the license for Windows 10 Home that came with the laptop?

You wont need to. The license is registered with Microsoft already. When you reinstall Windows from either method, when Windows first connects to the internet, it will automatically register itself. That's one of the nice features of Windows 10.

how can i get all pre-installed software(like hp command center,.. .)

Windows will download what it needs from the auto updates. You can also install things manually from the Downloads page...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce100-laptop-pc/20329823/model/219101...

With the exception of the Omen Command Center. That has to be downloaded from Microsoft...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Can I simply ask HP Customer Support for Recovery USB Drives

HP charges a fee for the USB recovery.

I still have the 1 year warranty i just receive the laptop two month ago. 

You can absolutely contact them to fix your issue. But you can try reinstalling yourself first. If it works, you wont have the wait time of the warranty repair.

Here is the link to contact Support...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @Chalhoub

Always tell use the full model or product number when asking for help.

Did you make your HP USB Recovery media before this all happened? That would be the best way to recover and get the original software back.  Or you can use the Microsoft Media Creation tool an a different PC and make an installer to USB, then use that to clean reinstall to.

But there might be a chance that the drive is bad or failing. Can you try accessing the UEFI Diagnostics tools?

F2 at power on will access the tools. Run the Component Test for the Hard Drive. If you cannot access the tools, you will just have to try reinstalling with the MS ISO via USB. IF it still gives you issues, your drive is most likely toasted.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 thanks for your reply.

My product number is : 2XP32AV. 

And i didn't make a HP USB Recovery media before this all happened.

If i use the Microsoft Media Creation tool did i still can get the license for Windows 10 Home that came with the laptop (how ?) . And how can i get all pre-installed software(like hp command center,.. .)  .

And i used UEFI Diagnostics tools and it Passed all Hard Drive checks 

_20181022_184411.JPG

HP Recommended

If i use the Microsoft Media Creation tool did i still can get the license for Windows 10 Home that came with the laptop?

You wont need to. The license is registered with Microsoft already. When you reinstall Windows from either method, when Windows first connects to the internet, it will automatically register itself. That's one of the nice features of Windows 10.

how can i get all pre-installed software(like hp command center,.. .)

Windows will download what it needs from the auto updates. You can also install things manually from the Downloads page...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce100-laptop-pc/20329823/model/219101...

With the exception of the Omen Command Center. That has to be downloaded from Microsoft...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

HP charges a fee for the USB recovery.

You can absolutely contact them to fix your issue. But you can try reinstalling yourself first. If it works, you wont have the wait time of the warranty repair.

Here is the link to contact Support...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Hello @Phtoray002 

I did make an installer to USB, then use that to clean reinstall for windows .

Everything went well, But still have some question about partitions , the Recovery Partition that came with laptop stayed and a new partition appear named BUILDPART,  how do i can check if the Recovery Partition still good (Knownig that the last system recovery faild and i still don't understand why ), and if i can reuse it to do a system recovery again, and what is this BUILDPART partiton? can i delete it?.

Capture.PNG

And how i can reinstall recovery manager i was unable to find it in the Microsoft store or HP site and i don't remember all preinstalled programs is it possible to get a list with those program.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

The HP Recovery USB media you created from the Omen deletes all the partitions on the disk and reinstalls them as they were from factory including the recovery partition.

Although the BuildPart partition is the first time I have seen that added. But its not needed now and can be removed, yes.

HP Recommended

I didn't use HP Recovery USB media, i use the  Microsoft Media Creation tool an a different PC and make an installer to USB , then use that to clean reinstall to.

I installed windows to the C: partition and i find that the Recovery Partition still there and a new partition appeared(BUILDPART Partiton).

I understand from you, that you don't know what is the BUILDPART Partiton and it can be removed.

1. And my question is this Recovery Partion (i guess this partion is the old one that faild during my previous system recovery) can be reused?.
  2. And because  this new copy of windows don't include HP software i had to reinstall those programs like (OMEN Command Center, OMEN Command Center SDK Package, hp support assistant, HP coolsense...)and the only software that i was unable to download it is the Recovery Manager.

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your help :generic: .

HP Recommended

If you used the Microsoft ISO, you wont be able to access the HP Recovery and you cannot download it either.

You would have to obtain a new copy of the Genuine HP Recovery USB directly from HP and reinstall from that. They do charge a small fee for the recovery media.

HP Recommended

Normally, If I install from the Microsoft ISO, I just delete all the current partions via a Custom install, then install the MS ISO.

No access to the HP recovery is actually needed as you can access what you need from the HP Drivers page. Its personal choice.

HP Recommended

Ok i will order a  new copy of the Genuine HP Recovery USB and i will  reinstall later.

For now i will still use this copy of Windows. And i'm assuming that there no need for the RECOVERY Partion anymore so i want to remove it so i opened the Disk Management Rigth-click on the recovery partition an the only option that i have is Help (the Delete volume... don't appear).

And the Windows RE tools Partion should i delete it? , if yes  tell me how because those two partion only have the Help option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.