Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-ek0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is an older version of OCC yet it has 3 lighting optionsIt is an older version of OCC yet it has 3 lighting optionsMy laptop seems to lack the option of animation in the lighting section of the omen command center which I've seen on other models of the same series.

Screenshot (24).png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DevilAeron 

What is your OMEN Laptop 15-ek0xxx ? Not all models/products have this option/feature. Same for other series: many 15-dc0xxx machines do not have 4-zones keyboard but my machine does have, clearly says on its specs

Full-size 4-zone lighting backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and NKRO

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My laptop model is ek-0021tx. I have the 4 zone RGB with full size keyboard ( including numpad ) but no animation option. I might be wrong but isn't animation a part of software rather than hardware, so why is it present in some models and not in others?

HP Recommended

@DevilAeron 

ek-0021tx is an invalid model/product. I think it is OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0021tx. I can't find its specs on HP official site, only from retailer(s).

No, no animation option, you can change colors from OCC as shown

Before

adv 01.png

After

adv 02.png

You can also update OCC using Windows Store, search for Omen Command Center and Update.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I didn't mention the complete name previously but the correct model indeed is 

OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0021tx

And it is available in my country ( India ) on HP official site ( https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/laptops/personal-laptops/omen-laptops/omen-15/omen-laptop-15-ek0...

Screenshot (26).pngHere is a screenshot from a video about the laptop provided by HP where it shows the animation option for the same model with same keyboard layoutHere is a screenshot from a video about the laptop provided by HP where it shows the animation option for the same model with same keyboard layout

Here the video link from HP site ( https://vimeo.com/438067987  at exactly 30 Sec you can see)

I personally think it is not right of HP to brand something which they don't provide.

And also I've updated OCC (no luck though)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.