Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B1AV)

Hello, I want to replace my dummy hard drive with an SSD, the SSD that I will be buying is SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB SDSSDA-1T00. Don't know the specific dimensions for the 1TB but the 2TB version has dimensions of 69.95mm x 7mm x 100.5mm (Width x Height x Depth) for reference, so I'm guessing it will be near those dimensions.

321623929_563709462313061_2589132552366872126_n.jpg

This is also the caddy that my laptop uses if this will help.

320335055_401936815443325_4681902034286208518_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the data sheet for all Sandisk SSD Plus SSD's.

Data Sheet: SanDisk SSD PLUS (westerndigital.com)

I have the 240 GB model installed in one of my HP notebooks that supports 2.5" drives and it fit just fine, even though it indicates the width is 2.75" and not 2.5."

I have a spare Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB drive and I took it out and measured it and it was 2.75" wide.

I compared it with an Intel SSD I have, and it was exactly the same width.

Never had a problem fitting either SSD in any of my HP notebooks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Some additional info from HP support, says my laptop supports 7.0mm/7.2mm, 2.5 in SATA hard drives

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the data sheet for all Sandisk SSD Plus SSD's.

Data Sheet: SanDisk SSD PLUS (westerndigital.com)

I have the 240 GB model installed in one of my HP notebooks that supports 2.5" drives and it fit just fine, even though it indicates the width is 2.75" and not 2.5."

I have a spare Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB drive and I took it out and measured it and it was 2.75" wide.

I compared it with an Intel SSD I have, and it was exactly the same width.

Never had a problem fitting either SSD in any of my HP notebooks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.