Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 ek0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't take note of the error code.

Now I decided to run another clean installation but this time I formatted the system reserved partitions too. When I proceeded to install, I get the error message: "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x800701B1". I used the media creation tool on Microsoft website for new Windows installation files but I got the same error message, so it wasn't an issue with corrupted installation files.

I tried installing RAID and RST drivers and putting the SSD in the second slot but no positive result. Suddenly, my major partition disappeared (I have a 512gb SSD with a 32gb Optane memory) leaving a 27gb partition, so I installed Windows on this partition which is really small for Windows. Now I cannot access the missing partition which always displays as about 480gb. 

How can I have access to my missing partition?

Sorry for the lengthy description.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@eabofuah 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06656951

It has

• 512 GB Intel® SSD + Optane
  • 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

You actually KILLED your machine . You killed the relationship of the first physical drive by (I have a 512gb SSD with a 32gb Optane memory) leaving a 27gb partition without disable them before install Windows to it. I believe somehow you killed them before even before that otherwise you could not be able to install Windows. You also made everything get out of hand by "formatted the system reserved partitions too".

Now your machine is a mess. You have to rebuild your machine as from day 1. Hope the following option helps

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. But during the process where I insert the USB with the recovery files, it get stuck on the loading screen. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.