Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Screen dimmed immediately after updating bios to version F33 (fisrt update from factory version). Disabling secure Boot and enabling legasy support (solution found in an older conversation about the same problem from users updating the same model to older uefi versions) did solve the problem in windows but uefi menu is still very dark. I wonder if anyone has found a better solution? Both windows and nvidia drivers are fully updated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you wait for the next BIOS update and I am sure this will be taken care of.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

The model is Omen by HP Laptop 17-cb0011nv

After updating bios to version f33 (first bios update) the screen immediately went too dark.

Reinstalling bios and updating nvidia drivers had no result. Both windows and all drivers are fully updated. Hard reset had no effect either.

Enabling legasy support in uefi settings (solution given by members facing the same problem a year ago) did fully restored screen brightness in windows but uefi menus remain dark.

After my first post I have contacted local HP support who informed me that it is a known problem and that there is a specific tool that solves it. However the tool is designed for bios version f16 and windows version 1903 and in order to apply it I should return my system to theese earlier versions with accompanying risk of permanent damage. So since I have no problem with the windows they made a case and they advised me to wait for future bios update or creation of tool designed for my current version of bios and windows. 

HP Recommended

@ThanMitr

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you wait for the next BIOS update and I am sure this will be taken care of.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.