Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-03-2020 01:11 PM
Whenever I leave my laptop on the same page for a while and nothing on screen is changing this happens, it seems to happen on anything on-screen whether it be youtube or discord or just the lock screen, it's a new (8 months) omen 17t and only started happening about a week ago, if I move my mouse around the area or minimize the tab and reopen it will normally go away but it is still kinda annoying, is it something I should be worried about or could it just be a driver problem that will fix on the next update, I have tried reinstalling the Nvidia driver which had an update a couple of weeks ago but that hasn't helped
07-05-2020 03:56 AM
Hello. I am a newbie here in this community but I've seen my share of PC problems and issues and mostly gotten them sorted one way or another. I think you might have a problem with the display driver or a PC infection. Its advisable to run diagnostics through HP Support Assistant or Online through HP resources to see what exactly is plaguing your display.
Remember to create backups or system restore points before you mess around with any of this stuff though. Safety first.
Just spit-balling here:
1. Try downloading an antivirus and see if this gets fixed.
2. If it doesn't, download the relevant program or app for your graphics card. I have an NVIDIA so I use GeForce Experience. It can help fix the display issues by giving you ready drivers according to your needs.
3. If this doesn't work, try downloading a third party software like Driver Booster, and updating your drivers. This has solved many problems for me in the past.
Anyhow, all the best. Let me know and HMU if your issue was fixed. Thanks.
07-05-2020 05:45 AM
So im not certain this has worked but after doing it 2 days ago it has not happened since, i just downloaded DDU and did a clean reinstall of all my graphics drivers this is the video that i followed. https://youtu.be/UTqrDA2DcSg
it seems it has worked and only took about 30 mins to do, hope this helps other people that run into the same problem i did
07-05-2020 01:51 PM
I am having this same issue... it seems HP has taken down the original drivers from their site as well. Could this the end of life model phase out for this machine?
It doesn't seem to matter what OS is put there, it will immediately null out, and not show any drivers for this device anymore. Other devices show up fine, just not the 17t-cb000. Once the list finally does load in, it cannot find any of the files on the server. Is this a temporary outage?
07-07-2020 06:35 PM
07-08-2020 06:38 PM
This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee