Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-dk0068wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this laptop for maybe 5 days now and I it wasn't so new I might not be worried but I had the computer closed on sleep next to me, when I noticed the fan got super loud. You could see a super faint hp logo in the corner of the screen and after a minute it gave my BIOS update screen, then a couple rounds of "flash booting block" then the same BIOS screen. It updated within a minute and then my computer was back to normal. Any explanation for this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@leah20 If the device was kept on surface that absorbs heat, and doesn't provide the space the vents on your laptop requires to release heat, it would overheat and cause such issues, just ensure you either keep the device on a flat surface with ample space for the vents to access air, or use a laptop cooling fan table, and such issues can be avoided entirely.

And the reason I know this isn't because I read about it, but because I experienced the same, just last week, I've learnt it the hard way, the update seem to have been installed to resolve any corruption.

Now, I ensure the laptop is turned off before I hibernate 😉

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.