Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 dc0100tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 problems that are somehow related to each other
1. Omen Command Center can't be downloaded
I downloaded it prior but accidentally uninstalled it. Since then, I have tried downloading and installing numerous Command Center SDKs (sp98588, sp70894, sp84071) from different HP Support threads but to no luck. It will install and restart the laptop but it still doesnt show up after booting up. 
2. Microsoft Store Starting Download
I tried downloading the Omen Command Center from the Microsoft Store but it is stuck at the Starting download window. I tried resetting the Microsoft Store multiple times already.
3. Windows Update

I read in a thread here that in order for Microsoft Store to download, it needs to have the latest windows version, however, error 0x8007045b appears when I try to update.

Is there any way to download and install Omen Command Center without using Microsoft Store? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @carlbondad 

From what you describe, most likely you either have a third party anti-virus service installed and its screwing things up, or your Windows file system is all skewed.

If you have an anti-virus service like McAfee, Norton or such, disable it completely and try updating Windows again.

If no joy, your Windows is skewed in some way.

Try the windows update troubleshooter first...

Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot, then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then click on Run the troubleshooter.

You can try running a command prompt to see if it helps.

In the Search bar next to the Windows start button, type CMD and choose to open it as Administrator.

In the black window that opens, type or copy/paste this command...

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

and hit the Enter key to execute the command.

When that's done running, type this next command...

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

When that's done, does it give you any errors?

If not, reboot and try to update again.

If no joy, run the UEFI Diagnostics tool.
F2 at power-on will access the panel before Windows boots.

Go to Component Tests and run the tests for the hard drive.

Try the quick test first. If it doesn't find an issue, run the extensive test next.

Does it find an error?

If needed, here are the full instructions on the UEFI tools... HP How to use Diagnostics 

If non of the above doesn't work, I'm afraid you're gonna have to go ahead and clean reinstall windows.

You have two methods to do this.

The recommended is the HP Cloud recovery service and requires a 32GB USB flash drive. This will replace all the neccesary HP partitions also.

Or you can use the MS recovery tool and an 8-32 GB flash drive. This will not replace the UEFI Diagnostics partition if you ever need it some day.

When you run it, you need to choose a custom install and delete all partitions first, then let the install continue.

Edit to include... just in case you do reinstall windows, know that it will wipe your data. Be sure to backup any docs, photos, etc before reinstalling.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I’ll try these out once I get home. However, my first question still stands. Is there a way to download and install Omen Command Center for my laptop’s specific model without needing to access the Microsoft Store?

HP Recommended

Sorry I got so involved on the other questions, I forgot to mention.

No there isn't. Its a TOS agreement with HP and Microsoft. there is nothing currently that HP can do about it either.

But it wouldn't matter since you cant update via Windows updates or the store. There are other files needed when updating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.