Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0021ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing constant major lagging and skipping in mouse movement and button inputs. The mouse is basically unusable it is so bad. It is a Logitech M337 Bluetooth mouse. I am also experiencing similar although greatly reduced input lag and stuttering on my Sony Dualshock 4 controller whilst connected by bluetooth. It causes my analogue stick inputs to stick momentarily (every 1-2 seconds) and button inputs to be missed randomly and is very frustrating when playing.

I also have another wireless mouse (not bluetooth) that works perfectly at all times.

I started noticing the issue a month or 2 ago. It only minorly affected the mouse then and didn't noticeably affect the controller, but it made my mouse movements laggy and unpredictable. I tried and failed to fix the issue back then, but eventually I gave up and bought a better wireless mouse with a usb receiver. I assumed my mouse was the issue. Now about a month later I have started noticing the issue on my controller. I reconnected the old bluetooth mouse to check if it was the same issue as before and the lag was now much much worse. I'm worried that the issue will keep getting worse until I can no longer use my controller either.

The fact that both my bluetooth devices are experiencing similar issues makes me think the issue must be with the laptop itself. I have updated everything I can think of (bluetooth drivers, mouse drivers, nvidia drivers, Windows 10, BIOS updates) but nothing has helped in the slightest. I have tried restarting and reconnecting countless times with no effect. I have turned off my wifi router to make sure the bluetooth isn't interfering with that, nothing. I have tried several registry edit fixes I found on the internet, none of them worked at all (and yes I restarted each time and reverted them all back after). I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter numerous times and every time I do it says "check bluetooth radio status" under "problems found" and every time it says the issue is fixed. I don't know what this means but that is the only lead I have anymore. Can someone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lachie_KB

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I have already installed all available updates through the HP Support Assistant and Windows is fully up to date. These updates did not help the issue. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I suggest you try reinstalling the Bluetooth Driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List

- Look for Bluetooth driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.

- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Bluetooth driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue persists please perform a Reset https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried updating the bluetooth driver again, although it still claimed they were up to date. I then tried uninstalling the driver and restarting, which did reinstall the driver, however this also had no effect.

I am considering performing a factory reset however I don't have a hard drive to backup my files yet so I don't want to resort to that until I have to.

I have however just got a new pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones and tried connecting them to the laptop as well. They connect fine just like all my other bluetooth devices, but I get severe audio skipping/cutting out when using them which shows that all bluetooth devices connected to my laptop are being affected by this issue. However I'm beginning to think that the issue may be caused by bad interference from my neighbours wifi routers. Right now there are 21 wifi networks being detected by my laptop, which could be causing severe interference. I will experiment by taking my laptop away to see if the issue persists with no interfering signals.

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

Keep the Notebook under observation and check if the other Signals are causing the interference

If needed you might have to perform a Reset

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.