Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop 16-k0000 (594K1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi. I have had my HP laptop for almost a year. At first, the keyboard lights were working perfectly fine. I can change the colors through the Omen Light Studio app, and the colors will reflect correctly. But just three months ago, the lighting started functioning improperly. I noticed that every time I change the colors for the left section of the keyboard, some keys will not change colors (F2, F3, F4, F5, 2, 3, 5, Q) and are always stuck in green. Other keys surrounding it and the rest of the keys are fine; I can manipulate their colors, except for the keys I listed out. I've tried some of the solutions I found here, but none have worked. Could this be a hardware issue? Thanks!20240116_113540-min.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @puvio,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @puvio,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It's possible that the problem you're experiencing with your HP laptop's keyboard lights could be related to either hardware or software issues. Since you've mentioned that you've tried some solutions without success, it might be a good idea to consider both possibilities.

Here are a few steps you could take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Update Omen Light Studio and Graphics Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Omen Light Studio app installed. Additionally, check for updates to your graphics drivers as outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues.
  • Reset Omen Light Studio Settings: Try resetting the Omen Light Studio settings to default and then reconfigure the lighting preferences. This can sometimes resolve software-related glitches.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your laptop. Firmware updates can address hardware-related issues.
  • Inspect Keyboard Hardware: If you're comfortable doing so, you could carefully inspect the keyboard for any physical damage or loose connections.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, Alden4,

Thanks for your reply! I did three of the things you suggested; unfortunately, none have worked. I checked my system, apps, and drivers and found out they are all up to date. Even resetting my PC did not fix the lighting issue. I think I might need to get the hardware checked.

HP Recommended

Hi @puvio,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, 💯

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.