Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

A couple of days ago suddenly my keyboard was not responding to the user profile settings that I had modified through the omen control app from the omen central operations. Today after looking for some feedback online, I decided to update through HP support assistant whatever was not updated and afterwards if I click in the Omen central operations in the pop up with the different possibilities there is no longer the symbol to open the omen keyboard control.

What happened? how can i get it back in order to be able to customize the keyboard?

I updated the following:

HP Notebook system BIOS (Intel Processor)

HP System event Utility

Intel High definitions (HD) Graphics driver

Intel (r) CEtrino (R) 4.0 Adaptor

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would suspect the BIOS update. You can roll the BIOS back to the previous version to see if that resolves it. 

When the BIOS recovery  begins, do not power off the notebook or distrurb it until it has completed

Connect the power adapter to the notebook.

Hold the Windows key and the B key down and then press the power button. Continue holding the Windows key and the B key until the notebook BIOS reacts and a BIOS recovery Window appears onscreen. Now you can release the buttons and let the BIOS roll back to the previously installed version. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Reinstall the Omen Control software. The following URL is a direct link to the latest version of the software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-143924-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico, 

Thank you for the link. I have done it and now the symbol appears again but as it happended at the beggining the changes I do to the keyboard in the profiles don´t apply. I have tried to change the lights and keyboard function settings, nothing is applied. 

I have also restarted the computer just in case and nothing changes.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I would suspect the BIOS update. You can roll the BIOS back to the previous version to see if that resolves it. 

When the BIOS recovery  begins, do not power off the notebook or distrurb it until it has completed

Connect the power adapter to the notebook.

Hold the Windows key and the B key down and then press the power button. Continue holding the Windows key and the B key until the notebook BIOS reacts and a BIOS recovery Window appears onscreen. Now you can release the buttons and let the BIOS roll back to the previously installed version. 

HP Recommended

Before I updated today the BIOS I was having the same issue so I´m not sure it will be that, I´m going to do it anyway, let´s see. I will post once I do it.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Ok, it looks like it worked! 

Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

It was a pleasure to be able to help you.

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.