Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an054na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys

Upon startup, my Omen laptop keeps coming up it needs a replacement battery. I have ran all the diagnostics, including updating the BIOS to no avail so need a replacement. However, it seems to be unavailable through anywhere through official HP channels, HP customer support has proved fruitless and KnowHow? don't carry a replacement.

Is there a reputable dealer in the UK I can use to buy a replacement, please? Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@miguelinho2910

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Could you please share the picture of the error message? 
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error messages on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?

After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications of your product and found out that your computer shipped with the 8-cell, 86 Wh Li-ion battery. Here is the battery part number: 922976-855 and 922977-855 you can enter the part numbers in the Google search bar to discover the website selling the exact battery.

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction, then you can contact our HP Support team. HP Support  can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Echo_Lake, thanks for the reply. In answer to your queries:

- I did have the two cumulative updates for Windows 10 and .NET Framework on January 12 but the error only started appearing on January 24. I was operating the laptop on battery power and genuinely fell asleep, so the battery ran out and the laptop powered down. I plugged the laptop in to charge the next day before use and the error appears at startup each time.

- here is an image of the error

- no, the laptop acts correctly, with battery draining with use without the power connection

- no, occasionally in the past, Plugged In, Not Charging has appeared but it hasn't done so since this happened

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@miguelinho2910

Thank you for posting back.

If the Primary (internal) Battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log. This might be caused by environmental factors like low ambient operating temperature, or due to the ageing of the battery pack. Operating your system in a warmer location for a while might resolve the condition.​

To resolve a Battery Alert message, you should perform the Battery Test in the System Diagnostics (F2) environment, and then calibrate the battery for best performance.

• To access the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test, turn on the computer and immediately press the ESC key to display the Startup Menu. Press the System Diagnostics F2 key, and then select the Battery Test option.
  • For instructions on testing the condition of your battery, see Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Echo_Lake - I've done as you said and it has come up with this:

BatteryCheck.jpg

Earlier this week, the problem seemed to have subsided, with the Battery (601) screen not appearing on startup for a good two or three days but it has started reappearing since a couple of days ago.

HP Recommended

@miguelinho2910

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts. Furthermore, I did decode the failure ID and it refers to the Battery failure. In order to fix this issue, the computer needs to be repaired or battery replacement.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.