Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilon 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this is a bit of an older topic but I've been searching for hours and still haven't found a fix

I just recently bought a new laptop (HP Pavilon 14) and noticed that I am unable to use the keyboard and trackpad simultaneously. This makes any kind of gaming basically impossible when I don't have a mouse.

I've tried everything I could find, from trying to update the drivers, uninstalling them, looking through the control panel, turning off Smart Sense, all to have no change. The only constant is that in the Windows settings it seems like I'm missing settings for the trackpad and in mouse settings I have no tab for device settings where most of the fixes I've found said to go to.

I'm completely stumped and have no clue what to do now, please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ThatGuySeph , welcome to the forum.

I don't have a HP gaming laptop at this point, so I can't help you with the settings.  However, I have had three of them in the past; beginning with the very first Omen laptop.  My solution for the problem was to use a wireless mouse.  I changed the settings to disable the pad when a USB device was installed.  This gave me full use of the keyboard and much more control with the mouse.  I suppose you could use a wired mouse, also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.