Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-DH0105TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am using HP Omen 15-DH0105TX . As you may know this product can get quite hot during high usage - temperature can gone up to 80-90 celcius at times.

I have searched online and some recommended to install Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or Throttlestop to perform underclocking. Since I am not too familiar with underclocking and consider myself as a beginner, some guides recommends to use Intel XTU. However after many times tried installing it I received this error message when trying to run the program :

"XTU Signature validation failed. One or more files does not have a valid signature!"

Looking forward for a solution to this problem. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Einziger171 I'm afraid HP does not support using 3rd party applications on the device, nor do we recommend under-clocking the CPU, if you have issues with the device overheating here's what you need to know and do:

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the visual effects to make a minor change, also, ensure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings to reduce visual effects:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for any PC to heat up to an extent, and with a CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Einziger171 I'm afraid HP does not support using 3rd party applications on the device, nor do we recommend under-clocking the CPU, if you have issues with the device overheating here's what you need to know and do:

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the visual effects to make a minor change, also, ensure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings to reduce visual effects:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for any PC to heat up to an extent, and with a CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher thank you for replying to this thread. What is really important for me is knowing that even the CPU itself can actually stand up to 100c until it dies out or stop functioning. 

I am trying the your suggested solutions on how to reduce visual effects, hopefully it can reduce the temperature even more. And yes I have been using a cooling pad. However I am considering getting a better one just to make sure it is optimized.

HP Recommended

@Einziger171 Please do get a better cooling pad and let me know how the device is functioning once you've followed all my suggestion, including the ones on the link to reduce the heat of the device, that said, I hope you have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.