Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen ax250tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an Hp laptop, Hp Omen 15 ax250tx to be more precise.
I'm unable to use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time, when I'm typing something the touchpad doesn't respond.
Normally it's not a problem but during gaming it makes a huge nuisance.
I tried disabling the smart sense but nothing happened
The only thing that worked was using an older version of Synaptics clickpad drivers but using them made the touchpad very incoherent since they aren't exactly compatible with the hardware.
Now I'm looking for a full-proof solution.
Please help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Teduminati,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use the touchpad and the keyboard at the same time.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to the Control Panel (large icon view) then > click Mouse > Device Settings tab > Settings. Under the Synaptics Settings, go to Pointing > Sensitivity > Palmcheck and set the palm sensitivity to the minimum and test the game.

If the issue persists, update bios and chipset drivers from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Teduminati

I use the 17 inch version of your Omen setup.

Turning off Smart Sense is not enough. I had to also make a Registry change.

Go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults

Change the value of the first 3 string entries of PalmKms to 0.

I recommend creating a backup of your registry, if you not comfortable making changes.

Let me know if you need further details.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, and when I go to the control panel and click the mouse, there is no device setting tab.

Please help.

HP Recommended

You may reinstall the drivers and check if that brings back the panel ,,, it worked for me .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.