Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Something else worth noting. After my first post, I got in touch with HP technical support (still under premium warranty) and, according to them, when test gaming my model in "laboratory conditions" CPU temps regularly go above 100° with AAA games and upto 120° is considered over heating. So apparently my 98° is perfectly normal. I found this interesting because thought tha intel CPU's start throttling when they get to 100°. Not Coffee Lake tho. I was also advised to leave Turbo Boost on "efficient enabled" when gaming.
Cheers!

(not my comment found it on another site).

HP Recommended

bruh just use throttlestop as its more flexible than xtu and if youre comfortable with opening up youur laptop get a repaste done with liquid metal. i used the conductonaut, undervolted it, and reduced my turbo to 3.7 and am getting good results. apex was quite a cpu demanding game which even after undervolting (before my repaste) would hit 90C. repasting with LM got it down about 10-12C which i consider amazing tbh.and the cpu reaching 120C is just bizarre, its life aint lasting long. i honestly do wish that id bought a different laptop tho. quite a few things let me down with my machine, but well i am dealing with some things and have accepted the others. 

HP Recommended

Hi Rohan,

thanks for beeing honest and helpful in this forum. Can you write a how-to repaste, when you have time or do it again. Because I'm afraid of doing it wrong and demaging everything :). I would appreciate it highly 🙂 !!

best regards

Chris

HP Recommended

@Chris003, unrelated, but were you able to confirm in your newer 2019 Omen laptop that it has the Max / Auto Fan switch in the Command Center (like what I observed in a review video) ?    If so, wondering if it helped much at keeping temperatures down.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.