Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming 15-dk1005nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a new notebook, HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk1005nc, and I wanted to see how good it performs against my old one.. 🙂

I tried to use UserBenchMark but it ended with an error: "Couldn't find compatible DirectX 3D devices."

Same thing as in this post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Direct-3D-error-during-benchmark/td-p/7323358.

What I have tried doing:

- reinstalling both graphics drivers - Intell HD and Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti

- installing Directx 3d

- upgrade everything with Windows update and HP assistant (driver updates)

- choosing different graphics card to run with UserBenchMark in Nvidia Control Panel

And still, it gives the same error.. 😕

Thanks for any idea what could work and what could be wrong. 🙂

Kind regards

loepa01

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@loepa01 

Hello,

Please activate the Legacy Components & DirectPlay feature as follows :

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window will open..
  2. Type OptionalFeatures, then press the Enter key. The Windows Features window will open.
  3. Expand Legacy Componant and check the DirectPlay box.
  4. Click OK, and then wait for the features to activate.
  5. Click Close.
  6. Uninstall the NVIDIA graphics card driver, then reinstall the driver from NVIDIA Driver Downloads.
  7. Reboot the computer.

If the issue continues, please download and install the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

@Mans

Hello,

thanks for your advice. I tried your approach, but unfortunately, it did not yield any results. Or at least I think...

Still, I got somewhere. I connected an external monitor to the HDMI output and on the monitor, the UserBenchMark run without any error with 1650 Ti gfx card.

Also, I discovered that the HDMI port is connected only to 1650 Ti and not to Intel UHD Graphics because when I disabled the UHD Graphics driver, the monitor turned black...

I tried running the UserBenchMark with always one of the Graphics drivers disabled, using the notebook's screen:

- when GTX 1650 Ti disabled, UserBenchMark gives error: "Couldn't find compatible DirectX 3d devices."

- when Intel UHD Graphics disabled, UserBenchMark skips UHD, but for GTX 1650 Ti gives a warning: "Unable to locate attached display."

When I enable both drivers and in Nvidia Control Panel I select the global option "Prefered graphics processor" to Nvidia (by default it was on Auto), I get:

- UserBenchMark skips UHD, but for GTX 1650 Ti gives error "Plane GPU benchmark failed."

So I suspect that there is some problem with UHD Graphics and DirectX 3d...

I have already tried reinstalling drivers, but nothing happened. And now I little worried why there is this problem.

Thanks for your ideas.

HP Recommended

@loepa01 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Please verify that all DirectX Features are enabled as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window will open.
  2. Type dxdiag, then press the Enter key, and then click Yes. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will open.
  3. Click on the Diplay tab, and check the DirectX Features:
    • DirectDraw Acceleration
    • Direct3D Acceleration
    • AGP Texture Acceleration
      DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Diplay tab).jpg
  4. If in front of one of the above DirectX Features you have a bonton Enabled click on it.
  5. Click Exit.
  6. Reboot the computer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

all three options already are enabled.

Thanks for your ideas. 🙂

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.