Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
DH0105TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hai, I recendly bought the Omen DH0105TX, and currently my laptop desktop setup is hooking to my gaming monitor, Which then i curretly place my laptop on vertical position with Laptop Verticalstand for apple, is great for saving space, but my question is that is it safe to put vertical position, my calculation is that heat goes verticaly up, intake horizontal position would help the cooling. (The exhaust  is facing upward)

But i found out that the hinge of the lcd (which holding the LCD to the lowerpart of the body) has quite high temperature, I am thingking the long term effect of the heat it self is it safe or it will damage my laptop.

anybody can clarify these situation is a great help.....

IMG_20191002_071611.jpg

IMG_20191002_071603.jpg

IMG_20190928_082016.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @stegadon23 

So to clarify (since you didn't post a photo), the laptop is standing up on the front edge of the case with the lid closed and acting as a desktop, correct?

I don't see a problem with that as long as none of the intake or exhaust vents are blocked. Having the lid open would help with some of the heat dissipation coming up from the keyboard, but should still not be a problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @stegadon23 

So to clarify (since you didn't post a photo), the laptop is standing up on the front edge of the case with the lid closed and acting as a desktop, correct?

I don't see a problem with that as long as none of the intake or exhaust vents are blocked. Having the lid open would help with some of the heat dissipation coming up from the keyboard, but should still not be a problem.

HP Recommended

Hai, thank you for the reminder, i already upload some foto for review, thank you

HP Recommended

Yep, looks good. That is a nice and tidy gaming room. 😊

HP Recommended

Now all you need to do is flip that laptop back over and use its screen for OBS and the webcam for your broadcast and you're ready to start streaming on TWITCH... 😄 🤓

HP Recommended

hahahha, no time to stream, work all day,  cross my mind but maybe.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.