Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20211105_161746.jpg

My screen shows vertical lines sometimes. It happened a few times before and went away after a quick restart. It happened again today but even after a cold restart, the screen had the vertical lines as shown in the picture. It happens usually a few minutes after I turn on my laptop. If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@00Jose

Yes, this seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@00Jose

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting vertical lines on your computer display, I am glad to assist you.

If you haven't, please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure,

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer,

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link,
 If it does, you may need to replace the LCD/Repair the computer:

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I tried the BIOS option as I don't have a second monitor at this moment. I went into the BIOS and still saw the lines, so I guess it has to be a hardware issue. I don't know if it's possible to order a display screen for my monitor as I have a kit that has the tools to take apart my computer.

HP Recommended

@00Jose

Yes, this seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.