Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-20-2022 07:58 PM
The topic basically explains it, it seems like there is no cooling going on what so ever. According to Omen software, my cpu will jump from 40c to 67c at "idle", even with fan speed set to max.
I tested with Intel XTU and the CPU thermal limits almost instantly.
While playing Witcher 3, the CPU bounces at 97C to 100C (I have to assume because throttling happens), while the GPU stays steady at 72c.
11-21-2022 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your basic system configuration before we continue ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)
- Expand <Disk drives>
- Expand <Display adapters>
- Expand <Network adapters>
- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>
- Expand <Storage controllers>
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report your results
11-21-2022 06:50 PM - edited 11-21-2022 07:03 PM
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Model Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0xxx
System SKU 68Y11UA#ABA
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H, 2300 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.10, 8/23/2022
BaseBoard Product 8A4F
BaseBoard Version 37.43
Here is everything you asked for.
Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.
11-22-2022 01:26 AM
(1) Uninstall OMEN gaming hub !
(2) Set "maximum processor percentage" in Windows to 98%
(4) Reboot Windows
(5) Download and install and run
--->>> Send a screenshot showing the CPU and GPU temperature:
(6) Please report back
11-23-2022 10:56 AM
Thanks for reporting.
(1) Choose what you like and test
(2) Does your notebook freezes and crashes ?
Please report your results...
11-24-2022 04:13 PM
Unfortunately it is still running hot. It is only a few weeks old.
Unfortunately, I can't wave a magic wand. My options are exhausted...
Contact HP Support for service repair:
If status (date) is wrong:
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community