Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I think I managed to export it on my Omen, not sure if this is what you need, use it at your own risk.

<removed the link to the exported F12 BIOS. HP has officially released F13, update it from their website>

HP Recommended

Keep us posted if that works. Interestingly the new ryzen 5000 rtx30 series omen 15s are using the same F.07 bios it seems so perhaps it was causing issues on the new 2021 models and they pulled it? 

HP Recommended

I even Managed  to update to f.12 ( hp inc firmware 15.12.0.0)

I heard that the update had released in the windows insider ring but I did not join the windows insider ring to download the update 

I waited for some time . It was then released to me via windows update.

however a few days after I installed the update ,  I heard that the update had been pulled and was no longer available 

HP should provide an explanation as to why they removed it cause there may be something wrong with this bios update and the people who updated need to know.

P.S I think I can get you the f.12 bios from my laptop by using hp hardware diagnostics . But be careful hp could have removed the update for a reason. If you still want it let me know.

HP Recommended

@Ks0 Thank you so much it worked ! Even though it was not flawless (didn't work at the first reboot idk why), I can now use WSL 2 and reactivate virtualization and I needed this feature for work so I can't thank you enough !

For anyone trying to do the same with Ks0s files, just unzip the whole thing on your Desktop, then go to device manage, find your firmware right click -> update -> chose a file on your computer then chose the unziped directory and it should say that you need to restart. I had to restart two times, the first time I was stuck on a black screen for 2 hours so I powered it off and restarted it again then it showed th HP bios update window at startup and it took 3 minutes.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@ks0 Thanks a lot I have installed the update and now everything is working.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear that.

But I can't stress enough, anyone who's about to try the update must be prepared to recover the BIOS if something goes awry. The update was pulled for a reason. There could be a major flaw to this update we don't know about if Microsoft removed it from all their update servers, including the dev and beta channels. It could be security issues or even problems with the 2021 models as Di9italant noted.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Ks0 for your help.

I can confirm the update file is working.
My laptop is OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013ax, AMD Ryzen 4800H, NVidia RTX-2060

HP Recommended

HP has released the F13 BIOS update officially. It can be downloaded from their driver/support website.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270/...

I installed it and everything seems to be working fine.

Changelog:

- Provides support for Windows 20H2.

- Provides support for new display panels.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update! Ks0 I literally just checked today through hp support assistant and nothing was there will head over to the website later and grab it 👍 

HP Recommended

Did anyone with f.12 bios update to f.13?

also hp should I even update? Is there anything wrong with the f.12 bios?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.