Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

is this problems already solved for someone?  I also wasted many days to overcome the problem:

I' ve a Paviliion-15-ec1239ng and run Windows Pro Version 20H2.  I also upgraded my BIOS to F.20.  Before, the Laptop always crashed after installing the Windows feature "Virtual Platform Support".  Now installation of the feature fails with error 0x80070002.  It says that files are missing?!

I also tried to join the Windows Insider program, tried to install the preview release 21H1 but the installations always fails and rolls back.  So what can I do?  I am about to return the Laptop...

Any ideas?

Carsten

HP Recommended

I can't speak for your model of laptop as our issues were related to omen 15 2020 models and related to a mis-configured bios. If your system no longer crashes and you are receiving the windows error code then it would suggest to me more an issue with you windows installation than the laptop. Do you have virtualization enabled in the bios? You could also maybe try the steps in this thread  on Microsoft. It's quite old but it sounds like the problem you are facing 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-code-0x80070002-w...

HP Recommended

The F.12 firmware update have been removed from updates, does anybody has a copy of this update

HP Recommended

Removed from where?

HP Recommended

Hi I own an Omen 15 en0000ns, with firmware  version15.07.0.0 (F.07), which I recently purchase. I have enabled WSL2 and got the Realtek Gaming Gb E error (Code 48). Unfortunately the version 15.12.0.0 (F.12) has been removed from windows update. In windows catalog the last version for my computer is F.07. I do not know if MS or HP will publish the update again. It would be useful to have it.

You can see in https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11bdf49e-a358-424a-873c-a115a02fe66a that the lastest firmware is 15.7.0.0

11bdf49e-a358-424a-873c-a115a02fe66a is the "compatible hardware id" of the firmware.

HP Recommended

Ah I see. Curious to know why they have done that. 

As far as I know you need the download from hp for the specific bios version to be able to extract / create a recovery of that version. 

I checked multiple times on hp after I upgraded to f.12 through the windows beta ring and I never once saw them officially list the f.12 bios only the f.07.

Unfortunately I think your best chance is to find someone who managed to download the update for the Microsoft Update Catalog while it was still there. Unfortunately I don't have that. 

I have had no issues with the bios so I don't know why they have pulled it hmmm

HP Recommended

Anyway thanks for the info

HP Recommended

@Gzm

I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever made available on Windows catalog as a cab.

I used to regularly check that but in the end I joined the Windows Insider program to get the update (it was the beta channel iirc).

HP Recommended

@ks0 Enabling beta channel is what I did first. I did not receive the firmware update so I looked for it in the catalog. I also do not know if the firmware update has ever been in the catalog. Just trying to know why I haven't received it.

HP Recommended

Did you manage to get the update ? If so how ? And if anyone can post us a link to downdload the F12 update in this thread it would be awesome. I'm having a really hard time finding it anywhere online.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.