Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Here's our list the five best HP 17-inch laptop models, PLS SUGGEST FROM THIS
  • HP 17-inch notebook.
  • HP ProBook 470 G5 notebook PC.
  • HP ENVY 17 laptop.
  • HP OMEN 17-inch laptop.
  • HP ZBook 17 G5 mobile workstation.
  • Viva TV
  • Cyberflix
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@markevin123 

Which one is best really depends on your budget and your intended work load / use.

My Opinon:

The Zbook, if you can get is fully loaded is the best of those listed.  Even not fully loaded, a Zbook is a very nice machine.

NOTE:  I am biased - I have a fully loaded Zbook 17 G3 - four years old and a beast of a system.

Probook is a business class machine - gives you access to the BIOS > Advanced, section for example.  Not in the same class as a Zbook "anything".

The other two are consumer grade systems - nice, not business grade. 

• Business class systems (as mentioned) provide access to BIOS > Advanced options.
  • Business class systems are utilized by companies with their own IT departments - the computers are meant to be able to be fixed in the field - the extensive parts and upgrades reflect this.
  • Business class systems cost more up front - and come with better standard Warranty.
  • Business class systems, when loaded to the teeth are practically unbeatable.
  • Business class systems are not gaming systems, but a fully loaded Zbook can be used to design a house, a car, a department store, crunch some serious numbers for any math intensive projects, and make an impression on the neighbor next door.  I would guess you could game on a fully loaded Zbook, too.  Smiling.

Expand your search a bit to check what else is out there.

Dragon Fly is a pretty system.

The Elitebook system line is very nice, too.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Agree with @Dragon-Fur 

You need to state "how" you are going to use the computer before anyone can answer.

HP Recommended

Hello Man,

Check this thread : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-... 

before considering buying an HP.

we've been trying to find a solution for over a year now and we didn't get any help from HP support. All the replies are from BOTs copy past same message over and over while we provided all the facts about the problem.

Your cpu will silently get killed buy system process.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 

Good Morning!

It is an interesting question.  The customer has not indicated use type, but he did post in the gaming board.

Savvy @markevin123 is considering a business class machine - access to the Advanced BIOS is a benefit.

Personally, I am not a gamer - I have wondered on occasion how my black bird beast would do in the arena.  Smiling.

Waiting for the next generation of Z...

🐲

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.