cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
RuiDiogo
Level 2
18 12 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

What type of RAM should i buy

HP Recommended
hp omen 15-dc0029np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  i want to upgrade my RAM. I have this type of RAM that came with my pc already HMA81GS6JJR8N-VK - SK Hynix 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM PC4-21300V-S Single Rank x8 Module, i know that i should not mix 2 types of ram but in my countrie i cant find the same exact type of RAM i only can send over the exact one but i need to pay extra 22€ in shipping.

I have in my mind 2 types of RAM that are the same the only thing that is different is the brands the 2 RAMS are: RAM DDR4 CRUCIAL CT8G4SFS8266 (1 x 8 GB) - 2666 MHz and RAM SO-DIMM Kingston ValueRAM 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4-2666MHz CL19.

Both are CL19, 2666mhz 1.2V and SODIMM, just like the one that came with the pc.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,063 92,725 21,310 28,640
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you go with the 8 GB Crucial memory. 

Their report for your model indicates the CT8G4SFS8266 memory chip is compatible.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp omen 15 | HP OMEN 15-dc0029np | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation