Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello i have OMEN by HP – 15-dc0016nw with only 8 gb ram and i wanted to upgrade it to 16 or 32 ( depends ) i only have gtx 1050 ti there so maybe 16 will be enough right ?

I dont know which ram should i look for, any1 can help me ?

Is it possible to buy totally different ram and remove the old one ? if not which one should i buy on the second slot ? its ddr4

thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You should be OK with just adding another 8 GB chip.

It should work with the one HP installed in your notebook.  No need to buy two.

If your notebook is using 90 - 95% memory when gaming, that should give you almost 8 GB more free memory available under load.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check your Windows resource monitor and see how much free memory you have with 8 GB installed.

If you have 4 GB or more of free memory, adding a second 8 GB memory chip should be sufficient.

You can install a compatible single 8 GB memory chip from a different manufacturer if you want.

I recommend this brand/model since they guarantee compatibility with your notebook:

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial DE

16 GB:

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA266 | Crucial DE

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure:

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

alright, so i can just buy 1 crucial 8gb ddr4 2666 ? dont need to buy 2 of them ? this one will work with my current one ? i have 3.5-4gb free and 90-95% + memory in use while playing games on windows 10, so 8gb will be enough ?

HP Recommended

You should be OK with just adding another 8 GB chip.

It should work with the one HP installed in your notebook.  No need to buy two.

If your notebook is using 90 - 95% memory when gaming, that should give you almost 8 GB more free memory available under load.

HP Recommended

thank you !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.