Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Shouldn't be at max with it only at 140. Mine only kick up around 180
HP Recommended

Well I took some plywood and cut it 9 inches in length and 1 inches in width and raised the laptop off the desk so the fans had more addiquet space to suck in air. I'm also measuring my temperature with an infered temperature gauge, and I'm taking my measurements from the two fan ports in back.

HP Recommended

Yeah I'm thinking of cutting the rubber off the bottom to where there is only the corners left. The two little slits in the front and back, are not near enough space for the fans to take in the correct amount of air.

HP Recommended

After spending as much as I did on this Omen, I freak out if I leave a finger print on it haha

If you come across any spare wood in general thats relatively thin you could do like what I did and measure an inch wide and then the length of the pc (about 9 inches) I've got about an inch or so space between the bottom of the Omen and the top of my desk

HP Recommended

Haha, I don't blame you. This is mainly just my work and programming computer with games thrown in if I have time.

I actually have a cooling mat that I've used with my Omen once or twice. Issue is, it takes up a good chunk of desk space so I don't like using it unless I'll be using the computer on my lap for a good period time (that's how I do most of my programming haha).

I bet I can find replacement rubber strips to slap back here if I ever have to send it in for warranty work, so I'm not too against cutting it to allow it to breathe easier. Heck, I could possibly even re-glue the rubber back on without issue if I have to get warranty work lol.

HP Recommended

I used to use cooling mats. Waaaay back in the day I had a Pavilion dv6 special edition, yadda, yadda  and I used a cooling mat for it, but the single fan didn't create enough suction to displace the heat. All I ended up with is a hot Pavillion and a hot lap haha

A thought just crossed my mind too, not just for you but any Omen user that is trying to drag more cool air in through the bottom of the pc. The little round felt bumpers that one uses for cabinet doors and such, put four on each corner of the Omen pc or stack them to increase the spatial volume.

HP Recommended

Tell me ShruikaN, you mentioned in a prior post about installation and removing bloatware. Have you had any luck, or have tried, removing some of the Windows 10 junk that comes with it? I cannot stand this "Cortana" and I do not like not being able to remove apps like alarm, calendar, xbox, basically anything that wasn't on here prior to Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Haha, well this mat has a huge 180mm fan in it so the computer doesn't have to do any work. Ait is literally being forced into it 😛

That's a pretty good idea actually. May have to look into that. Only issue I could see is those things love to collect dog hair and I'm the owner of a sheltie so it may become quite annoying haha.

On another note, just did a clean install of ALL HP drivers, and my fans are now working properly again. The start spinning up around 135-140 instead of 180 haha. So it seems, if no other issues make themselve known, that we have a soild fix for Windows 10 finally.

HP Recommended

I don't know of a way to remove Cortana, but I am sure there is a way to disable her. I'll look it up and let you know.

For the other apps like XBOX Smart Glass. Go to Settings>System>Apps & Features

HP Recommended

Yes, to pet users; beware the felt or rubber bumpers they collect hair. I forgot about that haha

The fan you have sounds like it could take more than just heat off, first thing comes to mind is fingers as mine always seemed to find their way into the fan blades 😕

Then I guess this is the solution Omen users have been looking for? Should we wrap the thread up?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.