Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Just make sure to change the model to YOUR specific model. It should be the same for all Omens, but just to be to safe, change over to yours in the link.

Issues solved! Can close thread when OP is ready.
HP Recommended

So sorry, I was chasing butterflies with my Omen now that it can function properly haha

Looks good for now. Omen users, find your specific model of Omen and search for it on Software & Drivers, then Software & Drivers>Software-Solutions>HP System Event Utility. After installation the fan's should work again, also the fn+f command works for my Omen once again.

HP Recommended

Haha, completely understand. So happy this is resolved. Sucks it took so long, but in the end, everything worked out just fine.

HP Recommended

hi,

i have same problm my keyboard functions nd lightings are not working after i updated windows 10. I saw your solution but i did not understand properly what to do can you plz descripe how to solve this 🙂

thank you

HP Recommended
Go to the driver download page for your model and update the HP System Event Utility. This will fix your issues.
HP Recommended

To add on to ShruikaN post, if your also not happy with the Windows 10 update and want to go back to Windows 8.1 DO NOT DO A DISK CLEAN UP. There is a crucial file called Windows.old and it once it's wiped your toast, unless you already backed up Windows 8.1 to a usb recovery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.