Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-ek0503na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello all

I cannot type the letter 'r' with my keyboard. literally copying and pasting it as I type for now.

The issues started slowly, it would sometimes wok and not others, now it is completely non functional. I have done some research and it seems that this is a common fault with this model.  I am out of warranty by 2 months. I cannot find any way to contact any customer support though the site. can anybody help with this please ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@bigfloorpie

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to complete a functional test of the keyboard and identify any problems with the hardware.

NOTE: Bluetooth devices are not currently supported.
  1. Download the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

2. In Windows, search for and right-click HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, and then select Run as administrator.

Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows as an administrator

3. Click Component Tests, click Input Devices, and then select the Keyboard Test.

Running the Keyboard Test

4. Click Run once to begin the test.

The test ends when you complete the tasks or after 3 minutes.

For more information about using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The keyboard test failed, I have now reset my laptop to factory settings, the issue is now intermittent. This seems to be a fault with the model of the laptop as many users have had the same issue. Will HP offer an extended warrenty to support an issue that is not down to user failure. 14 months is not really an acceptable amount of time to have such a failure

HP Recommended

@bigfloorpie

Thank you for posting back.

This seems to be a hardware related issue with the keyboard. In order to resolve this issue, your computer keyboard needs to be replaced. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also think that the only solution left is to replace your computer keyboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.