Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15-dc0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have an omen 15 laptop with i7-8750h cpu 

i have noticed that the cpu running at max frequency all the time even on idle even though i set the power plan to bettter performance  as you can see 

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yah1a

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there 😞

omen by hp 15 ce008nw at HPSA there is no update for my laptop.Cant find what correct driver i should instal after fresh OS instaled...all is outdated on support/driver.hp website can some1 pls make for me 1 correct list steb by step what to do after fresh win 10 64x instald on cos im really getting crazy ....😓

Computer: HP OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ (Kaby Lake-H, B0)
2500 MHz (25.00x100.0) @ 3291 MHz (33.00x99.8)
Motherboard: HP 838F
BIOS: F.22, 06/05/2020
Chipset: Intel HM175 (Skylake PCH-H)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 1197 MHz, 17-17-17-39
- 8192 MB PC21300 DDR4 SDRAM - SK Hynix HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake-H GT2) [Hewlett-Packard]
Intel HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 [HP]
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 4096 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: HGST HTS721010A9E630, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive: Seagate Expansion, Disk drive
Sound: Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: NVIDIA GP107 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Network: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19041.388 (2004/May 2020 Update)

HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-...

Forget it man. we've been trying for a year with HP support and all replies are people acting like BOTS.

Copy past same answer ignoring all the facts we provided.

2k$+ PC is useless while gaming because a system process is eating 20%+ from my cpu.

If you do a search on the forum you will notice that all the ACPI related thread is closed by support.

Good luck, and i would never ever consider buying HP again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.