Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc5xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my laptop. it seems like every a little more demanding game is not playable on my laptop. Whenever i start a game, for example Mafia 3, Watch dogs 2 or Dead by daylight, the game freezes imidiately after start up, sometimes it takes a little longer. Only way out then is to either blindly use task manager, because even tho i alt tab i am still stuck in the game, or to restart the computer. I have tried many things, like updating all the drivers or the newest windows update, nothing seems to work so please help. I can play league tho.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@batlase,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have checked, my product number is 7BU90EA#BCM and the model is HP Pavilion Notebook 15-bc5xxx, on the box it says 15 - bc502nc

HP Recommended

@batlase

Thank you for the information.

It is not a gaming laptop. We have a various gaming laptop.

However, please perform the below steps and check.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/"). 

Try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.