Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this Laptop (Hp Omen 15) a few weeks ago and haven't had any problem up until now except high CPU temperatures (which haven't been too problematic)

However seemingly after installing an update (29/02/2020)... I've been having issue with the GPU, specifically the fact that when I go into the Command Center it's telling me that the GPU's utilization is 0%

This has stopped me from playing any games on  the laptop (eg. Hearts of iron 4, Far cry 5, Rainbow 6 Siege), and has caused my CPU utilization to reach upwards of 90% which in turn has caused it to reach high temperatures faster and more frequently whenever I've attempted to play anything...

Also whenever I've tried using the Nvidia control panel, its just given me an error message saying "an Nvidia graphics card has not been detected in your system"

I don't know enough about computers to fix this myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

your not on your own i have same problem today ...trying new drivers on site but they dated december as lateset..i ma glad its not just me thoght i had a hardware problem ....

HP Recommended

@T3chn

Welcome to HP Support community.

Restore the BIOS settings to defaults

Here are the steps:- Here are the steps:- Click here

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Check device manager (Press the Windows Key + R, type in devmgmt.msc), and see if you even have a display adapter, if this is missing, hover over "View" and check "Show hidden devices". If the display adapters tab is empty, or the driver state shows an error, that means Windows doesn't recognize your graphics card even exists.

Resetting windows fixed this for me, as I had this issue when I first got my HP Omen 15-DH0022nf. I'd suggest backing up your files, and doing a total reset (remove all files), and when the reset is done, go to Windows Update and update everything to its latest version, check Device Manager again to see if the issue is resolved.

If it is, download the latest NVIDIA Drivers from the website, and enjoy!

If it isn't, download the windows Media Creation Tool, and create a bootable USB to do a clean install of Windows 10, and if you wish to get all of your HP Omen desktop backgrounds, apps, etc back too, download the HP Cloud Recovery tool from the Windows Store, and reinstall again using it. This will bring your system back to its original factory state, but now with (hopefully) a functional graphics driver.

If neither of those fix this issue, it's a hardware issue, and you should check to see if you still have the warranty, so you can RMA your laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I am not a HP Employee, so take some of my advice with a grain of salt, I can and will help people the best I can however when I'm available.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.