Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1011na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this gaming laptop like 3 months ago however like nearly a month ago my laptop started heating up a lot and my frames in all the games i played have been terrible ive tried every possible option but i just dont know what to do id appreciate any help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I am in the same boat. Were you able to fix the issue?

HP Recommended
nope no one has helped me and idk what to do
HP Recommended

Well if you have a 8750h. You are screwed. Have tried everything. The only thing left is repasting which will void the warranty. Chose the wrong model I think or just trusted HP. **bleep**, HP envy was a disastrous experience, and now this. So stupid!

HP Recommended

I have my omen 17" for roughly 1.5y now. I clean out my fans regularly with compressed air, have a cooling fan below it, undervolted with XTU (running stable) and have all my software updated (through HP), bit still frequently having to set my XTU and the processor temp going above 95 degrees, peaking to 100. I have gotten myself SHADOW Tech to actually cope with the bigger and heavier games.

Then I read this. I am shocked to say the least. So what you are saying that we are buying 2K euro machines from HP, trusting them because they boast with their superior cooling and high performance combination, while in secret they know they can't live up to the standard they are promising, due to a mis-configuration between CPU, cooling and paste? I can't go full out on my games without my keyboard getting hotter and hotter. 

Usually I am quite brand loyal when a product is good, but this feels really disappointing and actually I feel a bit robbed by HP  their promises when I purchased the machine and all the time I spent trying to fix it over and over again. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.