Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion gaming 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i go to settings, i want to enable side load apps but at the top it says *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. I don't know what this means or how to fix it. I cant click on the options at all 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Fatema2, Welcome to HP Support Coommunity!

Follow the steps below-

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & security.
  3. Click on For developers.
  4. Under "Use developer features," select the Sideload apps option.

5. Click Yes to confirm the risks involved running an app outside the Windows Store.

6. Restart your computer if applicable to complete the task.

You may have noticed that there is a "Developer mode" option too, both the "Sideload apps" and "Developer mode" will allow you to sideload apps, with the difference that the "Developer mode" will also enable other developer-specific features.

It's important to note that it's not recommended to sideload apps as there is danger involved that could expose and harm your device. If you must sideload apps, you should only install those from a trusted source.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.