Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-ek0118tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop keyboard does not work when it back from sleep or hibernate and the laptop must be restarted to return the keyboard to its original state.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@aminireza77

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook keyboard is not working correctly after coming back from sleep mode. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps, even if you feel steps are repeating)

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and    Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
For information on troubleshooting sleep or hibernation issues, see c01724583

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@echo_lake 

For your first question, I have not made any changes to the labtab settings,

for your second question, I have purchased the labtab as a stock labtab and it is not clear whether the labtab function in this In case is correct or not,

for your third question, i I ran Windows Troubleshooting and no bug was detected, I ran hp Troubleshooting no bug detected

And now I do everything thing you said and this problem still exists 

I guess it's bios update f.10 version bug, but there is no method to downgrade the bios version 

HP Recommended

@aminireza77

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.  Let's try BIOS roll back: 

1. Turn off the computer and be sure that the AC adapter is connected to power.

2. Press and hold the Windows + B keys, and then simultaneously press the power button.

3. After 2 to 3 seconds, continue to press and hold the Windows + B keys, but release the power button. 

If Windows starts up normally, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) (Windows) 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

.Echo_Lake

Hi, thanks for helping me. 

I did all the things you said but I did not get any results, also I said in the previous answer, maybe I should return the BIOS to version f.09 because there is no new update after version f.10, also after pressing The keys you mentioned, the message in the photo appeared, I had already encountered this message and I tried to restore the BIOS via USB Flash, but the system does not allow me to downgrade the BIOS

CamScanner 12-15-2021 10.40.jpg

HP Recommended

@aminireza77

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore a computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

.Echo_Lake

Hi, I did what you said and the problem was not solved and I had to sell Labtab at a loss.

HP Recommended

@aminireza77

I can see how that would be difficult. Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance with computer. 

Have a good day ahead! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.