Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an120nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

not 100% sure when this happend but my backlight has been out for a while and i turned it on with the function key today and noticed the default color layout. I opened the command center and there is no lighting option (not sure if i am missing any other options). everything is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled command center already. 

commandcenter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i figured it out, all solved. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

forgot to also mention the omen button does not bring up omen either. 

HP Recommended

Hello @iamjaysin

Your model comes with the Full-size island-style dragon red backlit keyboard. That means its not RGB, only red.

Because of that, the lighting option wont be available in the Omen Command Center.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-an100-laptop-pc/20329829/model/21910732/document/...

The Omen key not working is a glitch that HP is aware of and we are all waiting a fix for it.

In the mean time, you will have to open the app from the Windows shortcuts.

Im sorry.

HP Recommended

for an expert you are very unaware of the product i am using  because the one i am using is not just RED. Also is the glitch on the install that comes with the laptop or fresh install of windows as i am using what came with the laptop.unnamed.jpg

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

As i said BEFORE it was working as i changed the whole layout then noticed recently that the backlight was off then i turned it back on and that is how it is now in the picture. 

HP Recommended

If you look at the link I posted, the specs show what I reported.

If HP posted the wrong info, its on them, not me. I'm a volunteer, not an employee.

You can try reinstalling the OCC from the Micrsoft app store and see if it returns to normal.

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

You can also see if you can return the laptop to a recent restore point.

Example... https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-res...

You can also contact HP support directly for a warranty issue...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

great so no help got it. 

HP Recommended

i figured it out, all solved. 

HP Recommended

My OCC messed up after installing a fresh version of Windows 10 because I upgraded the NvMe to 256GB.  The lights were working after windows install, but after the BIOS update I had to turn on the backlight with the key function.  I proceeded to update all the HP drivers from the support site for my laptop which is HP Omen 17 an120nr.

Solution:

1.  If you already installed the OCC from the HP Support site, uninstall; this version does not work properly on this laptop for whatever reason.

2.  Download the OCC from the Microsoft store, it works perfectly and also runs when the OMEN button is pressed.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.