Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15 ec 0000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi just wondering if someone could help me with nvidia settings please, got pavilion ec0000na ryzen 5 3550h with integrated graphic gard and nvidia 1050 as secondary biuld in card. I realised some of the games running on integrated graphic card instead of NVIDIA graphic card, is a safe me do to in global settings put preferred graphic processor to high-performance NVIDIA processor  so all the games can run on strongest card instead of Auto-select. When is on auto-select as i mentioned some of the games runs on integrated graphic card what is only AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 2gb. Please if you got any suggestion with help?download (1).pngdownload (2).pngdownload.png 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lubo86 wrote:

is a safe me do to in global settings put preferred graphic processor to high-performance NVIDIA processor  so all the games can run on strongest card instead of Auto-select?

Yes, absolutely. You can run the NVIDIA card all the time in Global settings, or select it for each game individually.

But this is primarily for playing on battery only. If gaming, You should be plugged into the power cord for full power.

Running games on battery only will bring your battery to its end of life faster and throttles the power.

Just so you know.

HP Recommended

So basically when laptop is plugged in to power it automatically run on nvidia even if global settings are set to auto-select or, sorry it maybe silly question for you but I’m not really expert in computers 

HP Recommended

Not a silly question at all. Most of us go ahead and set the games to use the NVIDIA card anyway, no matter if plugged in or not.  But when you are not plugged in, you will absolutely be power throttled and cannot utilize the full potential of the graphics or CPU. Even if you set the control panel to only use the NVIDIA card. On battery only, even the NVIDIA card wont perform at optimal performance.

So the rule of thumb is, set your card to always be used and play plugged in.

I would also go into the Windows Power Settings and choose to run the Power Plan at High Performance.

You will get the full benefit of the hardware this way.

high perf.JPG

Note that this will help the system use full power. But when on battery only, this will reduce its battery life because of the power recycles being used. Ergo, I use the laptop on power cord when ever I can.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.