Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-cx0058wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello everyone. i have a 15-cx0058wm, i got this used. i have had it for a week now, when it works it does it well. i have multiple issues, the first one it will not boot up anymore, it seems to be stuck in a loop, this happen once before i fixed it by doing a set to defaults in the bios. now that doesn`t help anymore. after the first time this happened i made a backup image, with that image on a thumb drive the hp software doesn`t see it. that is problem one.......now when doing the recommended by hp to pull the battery, i found that i have a m2 drive installed but the computer doesn`t see it, this may explain why it can be slow and draggy at times. that is issues 2...... now to issue 3, the screen starts to flicker, it will get worse as time goes on till it crashes. to address this issue i followed windows recommendations, install a the newest driver for the card, it already had that driver so i uninstalled and reinstalled after a reboot it worked fine for a day. i have found that a simple restart it will work great  for a while then starts doing it again.

15-cx0058wm windows 10 home 64bit

1. boot issue

2. not recognizing 2nd hard drive (should be primary)

3. video card issue

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

let me add since i posted this i have found if i wait after hp fails on the boot up it will open shell, all of that takes about 10mins or so. i`m stumped on all of this so any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

after doing more reading here, this is not uncommon. that would lead me to think that hp is not addressing the issue. if you go to the normal laptop section and click the boot issue tab, you`ll see 10 or 15 that have posted the same issue today. that is what leads me to think hp is not addressing the problem, i could be wrong but it sure looks that way.

HP Recommended

just another update...i made a win10 usb drive. that did help me get a point where i could get to the drive with the backup image. but it would not take it. so i was going to do a total new win10 install, but that wouldn`t work because it said the were no drives present. this must be a major hardware issue, the machine doesn`t see drives or usb ports. i`m at a total loss once again.

HP Recommended

update....i done what every recommendation i`ve seen said not to do, in the bios i turned on the legacy boot. doing so was enough to confuse the system that something was wrong, after a few different new repair pages it closed one and booted in to windows. now i`m going to try to repair this in windows. i will keep updating till i solve this issue or toss the machine out of a moving car. 😉

HP Recommended

@Crazy3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing multiple issues with HP 15-cx0058wm.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

First, perform the system test and check for the issue.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Quick Test

Please try to perform the system reset and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

thank you for your welcome and reply. let me start by saying when the machine is stuck in the endless boot loop, the hard drive is not recognized so pressing f2 all you can do is test your memory. since i have changed the boot legacy, i have run multiple test on the drive with windows programs and the disk manufacturer`s tools. everything test fine. all of my software was/is up to date. when i took the disk out and booted up, it notice that there wasn`t a disk right away.

HP Recommended

@Crazy3 

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.