Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-27-2022 10:14 PM
my CPU usage is high frequency around 3.89GHz all the time during idling as well. My pc is i5 8th gen, pavillian gaming laptop because of this i am unable to play any games and fans are making alot of noise all the time.
07-28-2022 11:23 AM - edited 07-28-2022 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.
I strongly advise you to go back to Windows 10 as your notebook model
is not fully tested and certified by HP for Windows 11.
(1) Update BIOS
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.27 Rev.A||19.4 MB||May 16, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
HP Consumer Desktop / Notebook PC ME Firmware Update
|188.8.131.5270 Rev.A||4.6 MB||Apr 24, 2018||Download|
(4) Reboot and test again ...
(5) If it fails ... Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10
(6) if downgrade fails ...
--- Solution --- A)
HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in
Windows 11 and 10
--- Solution --- B)
Use the official Microsoft method:
After installation is done, download and install HP drivers
(7) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community